A turnkey contractor in new transit design, construction, and installation
A general contractor and technology supplier with over two decades of experience, SDI’s versatility offers turnkey construction in new system design, construction and installation.
SDI proved their capabilities with the successful installation of fully-automated, state-of-the-art transit systems for Clarian Health Partners, Inc. (now IU Health) and the City of Indianapolis, Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii, the High Roller Observation wheel for Caesars in Las Vegas, and the Stateline System in Primm, Nevada.
Fast-tracking the highly complex 40-million-dollar project in Indianapolis from conception to completion in just two years won SDI great acclaim. The continued successful operation and maintenance of this installation is proof that SDI’s technology is safe, reliable, and advanced.
SDI’s experience, innovation, and expertise covers a range of transportation needs, and offers a broad range of services to support airport infrastructure, resorts, corporate business parks, and the amusement park industry.
Renovation & Service
Upgrade and refurbishment of existing transit systems
SDI has successfully refurbished and updated seven APM systems including:
- THE BRONX ZOO MONORAIL
- THE HILTON WAIKOLOA TRAM IN HAWAII
- THE BELLAGIO PEOPLE MOVER SYSTEM IN LAS VEGAS
- THE CABLE PROPELLED SYSTEM IN PRIMM NEVADA
- THE SEATTLE MONORAIL
- THE PEARL RIDGE SYSTEM IN HAWAII
- THE DALLAS ZOO CONTROL UPGRADE AND TOW VEHICLE
Services offered include:
- Station and structural guideway renovation & inspection
- Propulsion system upgrades, including conversion of DC drive systems to variable frequency AC drives
- Design and installation of failsafe emergency braking systems
- Upgrading and replacement of outdated or obsolete control systems, including upgrade from manual to semi-automated or fully automated
- Cabin refurbishment or replacement including complete HVAC systems and doors
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
O&M servicing of transit systems for both public and private installations
SDI’s Transit System Division specializes in the operation and maintenance of APM systems at critical locations such as airports and hospitals as well as other public and private installations.
SDI offers short term O&M contracts of up to one year after commissioning a new or refurbished system to train the owner’s O&M staff for a smooth transition. We are also currently performing multiple long-term contracts spanning five or more years.
Examples of these contracts include two APM systems at the Minneapolis airport, a hospital/university installation for IU Health in Indianapolis, as well as a people mover system at Las Colinas in Irving, Texas. In addition, SDI is providing full time maintenance on the High Roller Observation Wheel in Las Vegas where SDI supplied and installed the primary drives, controls, and emergency recovery systems.